Tuesday 8 June 2010

Coryphaeus - Coryphaeus EP













Be scared.....be very scared!!! From the quiet beauty of the isle of Anglesey comes black metal with an egyptian/mythical theme..............WTF!!!??? You might think how does this work, and I asked myself this at first. With the thought in my mind that this EP was based around demos I went into this with an open mind.......cards on the table Im not a massive death/black metal fan. On occasions throughout I realised why I wasnt a fan of this genre, but there is a clear growth in the skills of the band from their first work up until their newer material!!!
Some of the stuff here is unique with the egyptian influences going on, and some of the guitar and drum work is pure richter scale busting BUT at times all I hear is noise!!! I think this is a band with something very different to offer, and with some honing of their skills this uniqueness could become something very special!!! I will certainly be sleeping with the light on tonight!!!

D :)

PS this is self produced, self recorded material so much respect to the guys :)

1 comment: