Wednesday 9 June 2010

Obelisks - Sample CD

It's not often I listen to something and think 'WOW', and thats with majorly commercial bands, never mind a local band hailing from my home town of Chester!!! But here I have to say WOW, more, more, more!!! I saw these guys live before I listened to this CD, and maybe had the fear that on CD they wouldnt explode in my face like they do live...............but thankfully my fear was short lived!!!

'Soft Light' is an absolute monster of a song while 'Cinders' is pure beauty wrapped up into nearly 5 minutes of musical bliss!!! These guys offer something very very special and you MUST see them live to truly experience how good they are..............you feel every emotion with Obelisks!!! Check them out @ Ritual which runs every Thursday at the City Bar in Chester!!!

It's like Shakespeare picked up a guitar and thought 'fuck poetry lets write rock songs'!!!! My copy of this CD, which cost me £1 (yes £1........daylight robbery me thinks), has been abused so much in my car it's now jumping......sad times!!! :(

'Future Relics', Obelisks' debut EP is released on the 30th July 2010. I would recommend to anyone who loves music to buy this when it's released, but in the mean time get down to the City Bar on a Thursday night and treat yourself to this sample CD for £1!!!!! It's worth a million more!!

Awesome!!!

D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment