Wednesday 9 June 2010

Ten Second Epic - Hometown


Having seen TSE's most recent visit to the UK on the Atticus Black Tour, (where I liked what I saw and heard) I thought I'd give Hometown a listen......and Im glad I did!!! This is the Canadian quintet showing the Americans how to really do what could be called pop rock, or as Wikipedia lists them 'alternative rock' whatever that is!!! It's fair to say compared to their earlier work this is more poppier, but I dont think that's a bad thing when you see the commercial success of bands like All Time Low, and in the UK You Me At Six. 'Lifetimes' is the pick of the album, though for lovers of pop rock all the tracks are catchy and easy listening. Fans who have followed TSE from the start prob wont like this and may feel they have lost something in the search of commercial success. If these guys could get on tour with the likes of YMAS they would gain a huge following in the UK.....something they deserve based on what I saw in Liverpool on the Atticus tour. It might be pop rock but it has teeth!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment