Saturday 12 June 2010

The Ebenezer Chapter - Stronger Than All Of Us


One thing worried me when I was about to review this record, and thats the fact it's a charity record. Now to me charity record means high paid wannabes wanting a little bit of good PR to enhance their careers, so Im not a massive fan of the concept. The Ebenezer Chapter is a group of local Welsh artists brought together by one man (David Lewis Parker), to create a charity record for the non-profit making organisation BOCSWN. BOCSWN's aim is to turn an old run down chapel into a record studio on the isle of Anglesey................ok you have my interest!!! The song itself 'Stronger Than All Of Us - A Song For Ben' (to give it it's full title) is a truly amazing and haunting song. The fact the band also sing the song in Welsh as well is even more impressive. For me it's all that is good with folk/folk rock music, and for me is something you would find on a big budget movie on the end credits. Think Frank Turner but Welsh!!! It's a breath taking song for a worth while cause. I'd recommend to anyone to have a look at The Ebenezer Chapter's web site (http://www.theebenezerchapter.com/fr_home.cfm) to read up on what an amazing job these guys are doing to promote music and to give people the chance of a positive musical experience. D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment