Wednesday 16 June 2010

MakeLikeMadeline - Show Your Teeth EP

Huge riffs?......check!! Screamy lyrics?......check!! Non bullshit rock?........CHECK!!! Oh and from Chester for good measure. I saw MLM last year sometime in the dirtiness of what was Barfly in Liverpool......and after some climbing all over the set by lead singer Rich O'Brian I liked what I saw!!!

The MLM guys have been away for a while but have come back with something bigger and badder than ever. The 'Show Your Teeth EP' is MLM at their finest and they have most definitely grown since "Last Night At Monogamy Heights" (which is also a quality listen it must be said). I don’t like to pigeon hole bands but I'd guess this is something along the lines of 'screamo' which definitely has a place in the market at present (think We Are The Ocean). And if anything they do the genre so much better than their more publicised southern rivals!!!


Personally title track ' Show Your Teeth' is my favourite track on the EP. The whole EP is well constructed no frills rock........................what more could you want? See them live you say? Get your arses down to Ritual @ The City Bar in Chester on the 24th June. I will be there!!!!

D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment